From Indivisible Oregon...
**CALL TO ACTION**
Thursday, August 31, 2017
WE THE PEOPLE AGENDA -- PROTECT OUR ECONOMY
Today, our “We the People” agenda for our Members of Congress focuses on the economy.
An economic train wreck is facing us in September
• Unless the debt ceiling is raised, the government will default on its debts, threatening the world economy http://wapo.st/2xNtZAC
• Unless a budget is passed, the government will shut down
• Trump has threatened to veto a budget doesn’t include funding for his border wall. His threat alone has rattled financial markets. http://nyti.ms/2wTKjU3
• The extreme right wing of the GOP wants draconian spending cuts added to the debt ceiling bill in return for its votes.
Meanwhile, the GOP is pushing tax “reform” that will benefit the wealthy while increasing the deficit and slashing essential programs. http://bit.ly/2fSXoWa
We need our Members of Congress to protect our economy. Call them and tell them to take the lead in passing
(1) a “clean” debt ceiling increase to avoid government shut-down;
(2) a “clean” budget continuing resolution (an extension of last year’s budget with no riders and NO funding for the wall); and
(3) bipartisan, fair tax reform.
**ACTION 1: CALL BOTH SENATORS AND YOUR REP**
(Leave a message if you can’t get through.)
“My name is [--] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [ZIP code]. I am concerned about the risk posed to our economy by threats to default on our debt, shut down the government and pass unbalanced, unfair tax reform that primarily benefits the wealthiest. I am calling to ask that you pledge to protect our economy by insisting on a clean debt ceiling increase, a clean budget continuing resolution and bipartisan tax reform that is fair to working people. Thank you."
**ACTION2: SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY**
Share this post with friends and family. And help them to call their own Members of Congress.
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
CONGRESSWOMAN SUZANNE BONAMICI [D1]
DC: (202) 225-0855, OR: (503) 469-6010
CONGRESSMAN GREG WALDEN [D2]
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
CONGRESSMAN EARL BLUMENAUER [D3]
DC: (202) 225-4811, OR: (503) 231-2300
CONGRESSMAN PETER DEFAZIO [D4]
DC 202-225-6416, Eugene: (541) 465-6732,
Roseburg: (541) 440-3523, Coos Bay (541) 269-2609
CONGRESSMAN KURT SCHRADER [D5]
DC: (202) 225-5711, Salem (503) 588-9100,
Oregon City (503) 557-1324
** After you call, please comment below and briefly share your experience!**