HOUSE: IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS MUST FIND OUT WHAT IS ON THE SECRET SERVER
SENATE: STOP MCCONNELL’S SHAM ELECTION SECURITY BILL
ACTION ONE: CALL YOUR SENATORS
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WYDEN AND MERKLEY:
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling
To ask the Senator to do two things:
- on the impeachment front, please continue to support robust, immediate impeachment hearings.
- In the Senate, stop McConnell’s supposed election security bill, which as he pointed out only a fraction of what’s needed and there are no accountability measures. Don’t let McConnell claim that he addressed election security. Bottle up the bill. Thank you.
CALL SENATOR MERKLEY
CALL SENATOR WYDEN
SAMPLE SCRIPTS FOR REPRESENTATIVES:
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because…
For Blumenauer, Bonamici DeFazio and Schrader: While the Intelligence Committee investigates the whistleblower’s complaint, the Representative can be a leader in helping his/her constituents understand its implications. I ask the Representative to
- speak out on why putting political, non-classified conversations on a codeword-level system is illegal and call for immediate impeachment hearings
- Emphasize that there are other calls on the server which must be found and included in the impeachment hearings
- Keep speaking out about why robust, immediate impeachment hearings are necessary. Thank you.
For Walden: It should be obvious to the Representative that calling for an impeachment inquiry puts country before party, and is the only moral stance. I ask that he publicly that he agrees with Nevada’s Republican Representative Mark Amodei: “If it’s proven you were using government agencies to try to put your finger on the scale of an election, then I don’t care who the president is, I don’t think that’s right.” Thank you.
CALL SUZANNE BONAMICI (OR-01)
CALL GREG WALDEN (OR-02)
CALL BLUMENAUER (OR-03)
CALL PETER DEFAZIO (OR-04)
CALL KURT SCHRADER (OR-05)
The whistleblower’s complaint goes beyond the Ukraine phone call. Today we address must call and address this issue: the code-level server containing the transcript to the Ukraine call. The whistleblower said:
- other phone calls were moved to the code-level server “solely for the purpose of protecting politically sensitive – rather than national security – information.”
- multiple officials and duty officers:
- know about and/or moved those calls;
- were in the room when Trump made call.
The fight to protect our democracy has intensified. Our job is to push for a robust process. That means Congress needs to move quickly, with focus and coherency.
Read the nine-page complaint, then tell your House Member we need:
- Immediate robust, expansive impeachment hearings under one committee, fed by multiple committees with subject matter expertise.
- Questions by professional prosecutors, so that the public gets a clear picture of Trump’s repeated abuse of power.
Then, while the Senate awaits impeachment articles, support our Senators in opposing McConnell’s fake election security bill—the one with no quality assurances on how the money is spent, and a pitiful $125 million to spread over 6,000 counties. This bill should be shamed into oblivion.
Whistleblower’s complaint: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pqFxJABWA5oogCwf21SFZHcPuYFgiZrN/view
Memo of call between Trump and Ukraine’s president: https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/official-readout-president-trump-s-july-25-phone-call-with-ukraine-s-volodymyr-zelensky/4b228f51-17e7-45bc-b16c-3b2643f3fbe0/
Rep. Amodei (R-NV) semi-backs impeachment inquiry: https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/27/amodei-ill-back-impeachment-if-facts-do/3788895002/