U.S. PROGRESS CONTINUES: JOBS, RURAL INFRASTRUCTURE, STUDENT LOANSThe Biden administration is proving that a democratic government can answer the needs of ordinary Americans:
* The country has been gaining jobs in the last year—7 million jobs
* Under Biden, the U.S. has added more than 400,000 jobs a month for 11 months, the longest period of job growth since at least 1939.
* President Biden announced a $440 million commitment to an “America the Beautiful Challenge” to attract up to $1 billion in private and philanthropic donations to conserve land, water, and wildlife across the country.
* The administration just released a 17-page bipartisan “playbook” to help rural communities identify more than 100 programs designed to fund rural infrastructure.
* The newly rebuilt Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, gutted by the former president, will investigate and hold accountable debt collectors that violate patients’ rights.
* Last week, Biden extended the moratorium on most federal student loan programs through the end of August
-- Heather Cox Richardson, American historian, Letters from an American, April 11, 2022
Please tell others about these exciting accomplishments, including on social media
or in a letter to the editor.